Benefits of aqua-cycling
With the liquid gym, Aqua-fitness offers a complete, comfortable and safe workout. With the proper supervision, participants can reach their fitness goals by taking part in these aquatic activities.
- Since the physical activity takes place underwater, the joints are subjected to much less stress.
- The heart rate is reduced by 10-15 beats per minute compared with the same effort expended out of the water.
- The muscles produce less lactic acid due to the water-related reduction in body temperature and to the massage effect provided by contact with the water while pedalling/walking.
- Weight loss is facilitated.
- Muscle strength is boosted.
- Bone mass is maintained.
- Blood circulation is improved and blood pressure is reduced.
- Stress is reduced and sleep is improved.
- Discomfort is reduced due to sweating during and after the physical activity.
- Post-training fatigue is reduced.
- Posture, muscle relaxation and flexibility are improved
- Muscle pain is relieved.
- Balance is improved.
- Cellulite is reduced.
- Active aquatic drainage serves to strengthen the vein network and to address various needs (health, esthetics and physical fitness).
- Participants burn up to 800 calories per hour on the bicycle. Thanks to the support/pressure provided by the water, blood circulation is speeded up and fat elimination is facilitated.
These health benefits apply to a wide range of clienteles requiring:
- Group aqua-fitness courses
- Athletic training
- Personal training
- Cardio training
- Slimming/weight loss
- Prenatal/postnatal gymnastics
- Therapeutic/muscle re-education programs
- Post-operative exercises (knee, ankle, hip)
- Physical rehabilitation for individuals with spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis, cerebral palsy, fibromyalgia, etc.